Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm not fighting against YOU, I'm fighting FOR my son.

I'm not fighting against YOU, I'm fighting FOR my son. That seems to be really hard for most to understand. I learned a long time ago that people would call me a wonderful mom, a great advocate for my child, a mom with a ton of knowledge and a lot of resources...until I stepped on their toes in the process of being all those things. Then none of that seems to matter anymore.

I also learned a long time ago that I was going to lose friends while advocating for my child and recently learned that I'd also lose family over it. It doesn't matter. God gave me one child and God gave that child one mother. If I mess this up, nothing else matters. So, please understand that if I hurt your feelings or if it seems I'm going up against you, that is really not the case. I am fighting FOR my child's rights and his needs. That is it. There will be other teachers, other therapists, other friends, other neighbors but there will only be one Dallas and since he cannot fight for himself, that leaves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment